The Indian Competitiveness Commission (CCI) has ordered an inquiry against Google.
The Indian Competitiveness Commission (CCI) has ordered an inquiry against Google. Google has alleged that he has misused his popular Android mobile operating system to stop its competitors. According to media reports, the Indian Competitiveness Commission had started work on this complaint last year. In a similar case in Europe, 4.34 billion euros (or approximately $ 5 billion) of penalties have been imposed on Google.
What will happen now –
According to the news published in Business Standard, the CCI (at the initial stage) found that Google has misused its supremacy in the market. But this investigation [on inquiry against Google] will take about a year.
In the next few months, Google officials could be summoned by Indian Competitiveness Commission. The CCI did not respond to the request for comment on this issue.
In a statement issued by Google spokesperson, it has been said that Android has enabled millions of Indians to connect with the Internet while making mobile more affordable.
However, Google wants to tell the CCI how Android promoted competition and innovation and not reduced it. This was the highlights of the case that lead to an inquiry against Google.
Share your views below about how you feel on this case.
This News was originally found on NEWS18
- 11 Indian Celebrities investment that’s supporting the Startup Ecosystem in India
- Google Search Console Page Speed Insight Finally Rolled out on 4th November
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 vs Redmi Note 7S: Which device is the best in the budget of ₹ 10,000?
- This 1 safety feature in Google Maps for Apple users will allow to report accident
- Can we access the portal to parallel universe? 1 Question unanswered for centuries
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin